WUCMAA was established in 1986 as a Not-For-Profit 501 (c)(3).
To be a strong, unified voice statewide in the government and the community at large for refugees, former refugees, their families and the Mutual Assistance Associations (MAA’s) that assist them.
Wisconsin United Coalition of Mutual Assistance Assoication (WUCMAA) is an organizaiton designed to enhance the operations of Mutual Assitance Associations (MAA’s) in the state of Wisconsin that brings together key individuals who are concerned about the well-being of refugess, and their families. The organization assists Mutual Asistance Associations that serve these individuals primarily in the ares of identifying, obtaining, sharing resources, netwokring, trainning, and advocacy.
Enhance local MAA’s by providing guidance, support, and assistance in the following areas:
- Funding – Assist in identifying and obtaining new funding sources through adopitng one or more methods utilizing either professional grant writers or the resources of WUCMAA or resources of sister MAA’s.
- Shared Resources – Assisst local MAA’s by identifying, sharing, and providing access to resources needed to effectively run a mutual assistance association and provide program and services to clients.
- Networking – Provide opportunities and promote networking among the members of WUCMAA and the larger community.
- Advocacy – Actively engage in opportunities to educate and solicit support from key individuals and organizations to enhance the opportunities available to the refugees, former refugees and their families to gain self-sufficiency.
- Training – Provide opportunities for members of the WUCMMA organiation and local MAA’s to participate in professional development and leadership trainning.